These crispy courgette (zucchini) fritters are a scrumptious side with almost anything. Gluten free, paleo and taste delicious – try them as a swap for burger buns or as a side like shown here.
• 2 medium courgettes/zucchini grated
• 2 medium carrots grated
• 2 eggs beaten
• ½ cup ground almonds/almond flour
• 1 tsp of powdered garlic
• ½ tsp ground black pepper
• ½ tsp ground Himalayan sea salt
• ½ tsp chili or nutmeg – Optional
• 2 tbsp ghee/butter/coconut oil depending on preference spearated
1. Grate courgettes and carrots mix in a bowl.
2. Beat eggs and mix with grated courgettes and carrots
3. Add spices and ground almonds mix well
4. Heat ½ tsp ghee/butter/coconut oil on medium heat get pan warm.
5. Scoop 1/4 – 1/3 of a cup of mixture together flatten in hand and put in warm pan. Repeat 3-4 times till pan is full cook 5-6 minutes on each side make sure it has cooked enough before flipping. Repeat until all batter has been cooked.