Makes 12 good size muffins. To read more about the benefits of collagen click here.
- 3 ripe bananas mashed up
- ¼ cup of raw honey (optional for less sweet omit add a little more coconut oil 2 tbsp)
- 1/3 cup virgin coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 2 pastured eggs
- 2 cups almond flour/ground almond
- 2 tbsp of coconut flour
- 1/3 cup of raw cacao powder
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- ¼ tsp sea salt or Himalayan salt
- 2 tbsp of collagen powder
- 1 cup dairy free dark chocolate chips alternately chopped dark chocolate or try frozen blueberries.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C and line your muffin tin with silicone or paper cups.
- Mash bananas in a large bowl add all other liquid ingredients.
- Next add all dry ingredients except chocolate chips to the wet, mix well with a hand mixer.
- Using a spatula fold in the chocolate chips or frozen berries. Spoon into the lined muffin tin.
- Bake for 20 minutes – check with a knife comes out clean – ensure its not just melted chocolate.
- Let cool 5-10 minutes and enjoy.
Remember Eat, Move & Thrive